Breakfast Bar – Hazelnut Fig
For years, I have struggled with breakfast, as many people on a low grain or gluten free diet may do.
Finally, I decided that a breakfast bar was the way to go.
After many trials and errors, this was my first true success.
1 cup coconut
1 cup figs, whole
1 cup hazelnuts
½ cup honey
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1) Process/chop coconut (if not already shredded), figs and hazelnuts in food processor until finely chopped.
2) Add sea salt.
3) Mix well.
4) Add honey.
5) Mix well.
6) Press into glass dish. (approximately 9”x7”)
7) Bake at 300F for approximately one hour.
8) Flip over and bake for another hour.
9) Cut, package, refrigerate or freeze.
Makes approximately 10 bars.